Monday, February 11, 2008

Bleh, a day at home...

So, I’m sick. It’s an inevitability, however said that factoid may be. Sadly, if someone enrolled in school at my house gets sick, they don’t get to watch television, eat ice cream, or any of the other fun stuff that other people get to do. If you share my pain, let’s have a moment of silence for our similar plight… That’s enough of that now. The thing I find most interesting is, why I continually can get him to let me use my laptop and claim it’s for studying. Like I’m studying, that’s a laugh. Well, I figured since I have a moment of my day that’s not being consumed by World of Warcraft and my currently level thirteen Tauren Druid (I’m on Trollbane under the name Gattaga, go ahead and add me if you want.) so I figured I’d update my blog, and maybe if I think of a topic, I’ll write another essay.

For those nosey nellies who absolutely must know my symptoms, I have them right here for you: intense chills, sore throat, coughing, nausea, vomiting, extreme dizziness, and loss of appetite. If you ask me, it sounds like something I need to go to the hospital for, seeing as I couldn’t stand or sit up straight last night and I was freezing cold while wearing socks, two pairs of pajama pants, a t-shirt, long sleeve shirt, jacket, hat, and scarf, all while covered under a blanket. I am feeling better today; I’m still really cold though.

I am pissed off about my being sick today and quite possibly tomorrow however. That means I’m going to miss my independent art study (again), my forensics practice, and rehearsal today, and if I miss tomorrow, I miss the sub districts for forensics which automatically means I’m not going to districts or state. I figured it would look amazing on my college repertoire if I added some outside interests like acting, not that I really need a more amazing repertoire. I’m already accepted to my college of choice, the University of Iowa (GO HAWKS! *waves his hat and jacket around*). It’s a very hard thing to turn down when someone with a thirty-one on the ACT applies at your college. The only thing is that I have a horrible (at least for my ACT score) GPA. It’s around a 3.8 I believe, when I know without a doubt I could have a 4.0 if I was trying. It’s just really hard to stay focused when everything is so… basic. Hell, give me another challenge like Advanced Placement Chemistry. God, that was the most difficult test I have ever taken, and I loved it. I’m the resident chemical expert at my school and I only scored two out of five.

But enough of the bantering and bitching. Let’s see… anything else I want to say? Not really, but I’ve only killed about twenty minutes of the… seven hours until I can just go play World of Warcraft on my desktop. Although, thinking about it, I could reconnect to our neighbors’ wireless internet and play off of there, that way, my dad wouldn’t know… Nah, I think I’ll be a good boy. Maybe in a bit I’ll just put on some music and it won’t be a problem.

Oh! I thought of a topic for an essay! Silence! Hrm, I guess I’ll wrap this one up for now and start working on that, I know most people enjoy them, them being my essays. Anyway…

No comments: