Thursday, September 18, 2008

A walk in the night

So, as I was saying before, I have this thing for Audrey. And today was the first day that I went without cigarettes. Well, almost. I had one last group smoke with Andy, Jason, Sara, Kevin, and Nick but after that I was done for the day. So, to replace late night smoking, which had become a habit, I’ve taken up going on late night walks. It’s nothing major, sometimes just down to the Kum and Go (yes, I know the name is hilarious) for a late night iced tea. On my way out for a walk I asked Kevin if he wanted to go, he said no, so I went down to the ground floor and asked if anybody around there wanted to go for a walk. I was pleasantly surprised to hear Audrey say she would after she finished her Spanish. We started to walk and I was reveling in the night and reveling in well… being with her. Then we were playing on a statue and some drunk guy came up and we ended up having to talk to him and it ruined my walk and my time with her and I was just kind of depressed. After we finally got him back to where he wanted to go home, we were in front of Hillcrest (our dorm) and she decided to go in, so I followed. We talked for a while, all the while I’m trying to think of something to say or do or anything and just… sigh.

So after that I took a long walk and calmed down a bit, but all I want to do is crawl in bed and be upset with how the night went. I really want this to work.

1 comment:

Vickie said...

"No Sanctuary here!, the vagrants say..." I hate when drunks/no-lifes spoil the few quiet places there are left out there.

I know you'll say the right then when it's time, Nathan. Things will work, this jaded eternal optimist says.

In any case, I'm glad to see new posts. I hope you'll keep writing.